#MusicMonday - 7.26.10 - Talking Heads  

Monday, July 26, 2010

Due to lack of time, we present a #MusicMonday post, only thirty years late...and you thought my regularly scheduled posts were late!

October 8, 1980.  I was approaching my third birthday.  Empire Strikes Back had been out for around 5 months.  The Talking Heads release "Remain in Light."  I didn't say my musical tastes are always on time.  In fact, I'm usually pretty late to the game.  This is where I usually use the "hyperlink last several words in the phrase that all link to examples to prove the point I was trying to make," gimmick, but I'm honestly too tired to even fool with it tonight.  

Use the precious moments that you save from reading my extended dialogue, to listen to "The Great Curve," from the aforementioned album.  

You know, if I had thought about it, I could've waited until October 8 (or there abouts) and done a whole "30 year anniversary" post about the whole album.  There would've been tables and graphs and "remember whens," and words...so many glorious words.  Why is it I'm not writing a book again?  But the point is this.  D > D isn't about just posting for the sake of posting.  Especially when it comes to my music-related posts, you really are getting an insider glance to the inner workings of what I am listening to at that moment.  With no additional cost!  Now that is QUALITY!  Enjoy!


AddThis Social Bookmark Button