#MusicMonday - 6.21.10 - The Avett Brothers  

Monday, June 21, 2010

The Avett Brothers. I think it would be safe to call them bluegrass. No country. Actually folk. Well, this could take a while.

Though they've been around in their current configuration since the year 2000, I have only had Scott and Seth Avett's eponymous band on my radar since about 2005. However, it has only been since 2009's "I and love and you," that they have gotten back into my regular rotation.

We both know I could do ten, maybe eleven thousand words on these guys without taking a breath.  Perhaps I'll get you an "Avett Brothers redux," post in the not too distant future, but I'm too busy working on something new to go into great detail at the moment.  For once, I'm going to do you a solid and let the music speak for itself. In case you haven't noticed by now, I have a thing for banjos. If you dislike banjos, I'd suggest you do not listen to the following.

The Second Gleam - Murder in the City


I and Love and You - January Wedding


Emotionalism - Die Die Die

AddThis Social Bookmark Button