#MusicMonday - 9.27.10 - Galactic  

Monday, September 27, 2010

Music Monday - Galactic

Greetings from an old friend...

Remember me? The name is Matt. This is Driving > Disco. A "blog" I believe is the technical term. Who knew that blog actually meant "a lame webpage that is updated once or so a month." Cause I'm slow with the updates, I...oh nevermind. This post is one in a series called Music Monday. Today's featured artist is Galactic.

Galactic is as much of a jamband as they come, although with much more of a jazz/funk flavor. I don't recall actually having seen them live, but I have listened to a fair amount of their live shows and can tell you that they know how to get a jam going.

Hailing from New Orleans, Louisiana, for today's song, we'll be travleing to the Orient, all the way to club QUattro, in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan. This particular show was from 3/28/2010. Here is "Wild Man."

"Wild Man" from Galactic's Ya-Ka-May album:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button