#MusicMonday - 10.4.10 - Kanye  

Monday, October 04, 2010

10-4 Good buddy...

So, after the Taylor Swift/Kanye West thing from last year, I decided I was pretty much done with Kanye.  There was nothing particularly special about Kanye's self-centered, music star attitude, it was just that he was so full of himself, it really turned me off to his music.  I don't really have any interest in Taylor Swift either, it was just one of the best examples of arrogance and audacity, not to mention that what he did was just plain rude.  And, you know the best way to let any company or figure know that you are not going to stand for their actions:  don't give them any of your money.  

The problem comes along when you hear Kanye's music.  Regardless of whether you are a fan of rap/hip-hop/whatever it is that he calls himself currently, you can't really argue with the fact that he is, at the very least passionate about his performances and probably extremely talented to boot.  Throw that into the mix, along with an SNL performance (which I am a self-admitted sucker for) and you've got yourself a new fan.

I'm certainly not the biggest fan of K-Dub, but I do enjoy his music.  I would say that this post is a departure from my usual fare, at least here on D > D, but I could probably start every musical post with that disclaimer, and then the departure becomes the norm, now doesn't it?

Watch Kanye's "Power" performance on SNL, before the NBC police pull the video offline and release the hounds on me.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button