#MusicMonday - 1.10.11 - Kids & Explosions  

Monday, January 10, 2011

My first belated post of 2011!

Not really a lot of information I can give you about Kids & Explosions, as I literrally just found out about him/them/? last week. Continuting in my recent trend of mashup artists, Kids & Explosions is, in my humble opinion, not quite as polished as Girl Talk, though they may be more "truly" mashup than old Greg Gillis. (as an aside, the more I listen to Girl Talk, the more I think that mashup does not fairly describe what it is that he is doing; that is to say, I think he may have invented a new genre altogether, but that is a debate for another time)

Kids & Explosions appears to do a more focused job of mashing two tracks together. There may be more musical data in each track that I'm identifying, but it sounds like a much more traditional mashup (lyrics from one song/music from another) than most of the recent artists I've been listening to.

The afore-linked website is not really safe for work, much like K & E's music, but the pricing model is the same as Girl Talk's: pay what you think the music is worth. Good times!

Here's the only youtube video I could find of a Kids & Explosions track that was not overtly laden with nsfw language. While it's not the best example of his talent, it at least is something you can listen to without blushing (I hope). You can of course stream all of the tracks from the latest album on Kids & Explosions' website, but you already knew that cause you already cliked that link huh?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button