#MusicMonday - 2.21.11 - The Hood Internet  

Monday, February 21, 2011

Keeping my "one post per month pace..."

Alright stalkers, I'm back in business, attempting to shine some light on your otherwise dark and mundane musical existence. I know your next question is, what were we supposed to do with all that time while you were gone, not dropping any musical knowledge on us? Well, the answer is, you should've been able to find something to do and or listen to while I was out. I could list all the various things that kept me from posting (beign on call, going to the GirlTalk concert, etc), but I'll spare you and sum it up with one word: laziness.

Moving right along, yet somehow staying on the subject of mashups, let me wax poetic about my newest musical infatuation The Hood Internet. Based out of Chicago, IL, Aaron Brink (aka ABX) and Steve Reidell (aka STV SLV) combine their powers to form The Hood Internet. They've been creating mashups since 2007, so while they are certainly not the oldest mashup artists around, nor the first I was exposed to, but I can honestly say they are cranking out some of the best mashups I've ever heard.

Like all other mashup artists I've run into, all of their music is free to download and completely legal, since it is all classified as samples. Check out their webpage and download some of their tunes. I'd have to suggest the mixtapes, as that includes the highlights of trakcs they've released, since the last mixtape. The most recent one (volume 5) was released February 7th of this year, so you know it's crisp.

As with most of my recent musical suggestions, due to language, I'd have to say that this would qualify as NSFW:

Stuntin like Black Rock - from The Hood Internet Mixtape volume 3 (hopefully this is obvious to you, but this mashup features Birdman & Lil Wayne vs Black Rock)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button