#MusicMonday - 3.7.11 - The Hood Internet part 2  

Monday, March 07, 2011

Another month, another post...

Nothing blantantly new to report here. Still in the midst of busy season, still listening to mashup artists 90% of the time. Although I've found a bunch of new (to me) mashup artists, I can see where people could complain about them all sounding alike over time. In retrospect, I think I may have been too hasty in my judgement of Kids & Explosions, when I said he was not quite as polished as Girl Talk. Kids & Explosions seems to be able to take lyrical audio and reform it into other phrases/sentences, which, again in my opinion, may take more talent than just smashing two track into each other. Picking two tracks that fit together musically takes a lot of talent, but choosing two that fit together muscically and have some relation logically is even more impressive.

And that brings us to today's post, another Hood Internet track. I've started to grow much more fond of the hood internet, because, rather than recycling the same old rap and rock/pop tracks that some folks do, these fellows tend to choose good sounding rap/r&b (regardless of its popularity) and mix it with indie rock. Naturally, they've become my new favorite listening pleasure of the moment.

Fire it up, Firemouse (Lil Wayne vs Modest Mouse)



Next week, new music...I promise!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button